An update to one of the most iconic toy cameras available, the Holga 120GCFN is characterized by its distinctive image quality as well as a unique built-in flash with a spinning color wheel. While the original Holga is best known for its standard-length 60mm f/8 plastic lens, this version features a glass lens construction for slightly greater sharpness and contrast while still retaining the cherished dream-like aesthetic and inherent vignetting and light leaks caused by the plastic body and simple construction. A choice between f/8 or f/11, or "cloudy" and "sunny", aperture settings is available, along with 1/100 sec. or bulb shutter speed settings and a zone focus system for focusing as close as 3' away. The built-in flash contributes to the toy camera aesthetic due to its built-in spinning color wheel, which can be set to red, blue, yellow, or standard white settings for creatively colored highlights. A tripod mount is also incorporated into the base of the camera for stable long exposure shooting in low-light conditions. A camera designed to bring the fun back to photography, the Holga is a classic toy camera capable of making some remarkable, yet inherently lo-fi photographs.
The 120GCFN model accepts 120-format roll film and includes both 6 x 4.5cm and 6 x 6cm inserts to record 16 or 12 exposures per roll, respectively. Film is manually advanced between shots using the top winding knob, with the frame progression checked using the rear red window.
- Plastic body construction and simple design contributes to the distinct image quality, which is characterized by light leaks and vignetting.
- Glass lens affords greater contrast and sharpness than the traditional plastic lens, yet still retains the prized Holga image quality with noticeable vignetting, field curvature, and vignetting.
- Built-in flash features a spinning color wheel for adding a burst of standard white, yellow, blue, or red light.
- Classic medium format toy camera accepts 120 roll film, and the included 6 x 4.5cm and 6 x 6cm film masks allow you to record either 16 or 12 frames per roll respectively.
- 60mm f/8 lens provides a normal field of view for working in a wide variety of situations.
- Zone focusing system allows you to focus as closely as 3' away.
- A 1/100th sec. shutter speed setting is available in addition to a bulb setting for long exposure shooting.
- Standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount allows you to make stable long exposure photograph